Friday, March 23, 2012

Ode to Pudding



I dedicate this post to my sister Lisa who is infatuated with this pudding. 

Ode to Pudding By Lynn Hubbard
Pudding,Pudding, you Bread and Butter Pudding

Why does thee mock me so?
Your Scrumptious Crust
Your gooey center
Your succulent sauces
Call to me, with your sweet song

And I shall Listen

I was introduced to “Ger’s Bread and Butter Pudding” last year. My sister Lisa was almost giddy with anticipation as she drug me down the “Raglan Road.”
Raglan Road is an Irish restaurant located at Downtown Disney. They offer an assortment of mouthwatering recipes, but tonight; It’s all about the Pudding.
The wait to sit inside was one and a half hours, so we chose the patio which had a much shorter line and waited almost as long. Nonetheless, it was worth it!
Bread & Butter Pudding
They had a band playing and “Murphy’s Law” made you feel as if you were sitting outside a Pub in ye old Ireland. The sweet music flitted through the air and energized everyone’s tired feet. As they crooned for their Bonnie Lass we ordered our pudding and coffee.
I chose the Irish Coffee, since we were in Ireland, and let me tell you. They are very friendly with the whiskey. Perfect for pollen season!
Then came the Bread and Butter Pudding. From past experience, we ordered two to share amongst the five of us. Out comes the camera, and I have to beat back eager hands, as I try to take a picture.
There are two methods for eating bread pudding:
Lisa’s method: dig a hole in the middle and pour in the vanilla or caramel sauce or both, and then dig in!
B&B Pudding & Irish Coffee
My more delicate method: scoop out a large spoonful on your plate and drizzle with your choice of toppings.
There is no wrong way, but my way cuts on down on spoon dueling and is easier when sharing.
So we ate and ate and ate. And it beat us, we couldn’t finish it all. Alas, you cruel temptress of taste!
To top off the night, Irish dancers took the stage and gave an amazing performance.
So, if you are rambling around Downtown Disney, head over to Raglan Road to sit a spell and have a meal to tell your grandkids about!

If you would like to read more from Lynn, please visit: my website, my Blog, Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment