Monday, February 27, 2012

Rabbit Stew


My son's Bunny, Bella


Cheryl Bradshaw is creating a Cookbook for Indie Writers Unite 
It will be available  April, 2012
50% of the proceeds received from this book will go to UNICEF 
The book contains a collection of recipes from Indie Authors. 
Mine is below.




Run into the Wind By Lynn Hubbard

Run into the Wind is the story of Sabrina. After tragedy strikes, she heads west to make her own life. Unfortunately, there are not many jobs for women, so she dresses as a boy and works at a stable. Then Brock comes to town, and Sabrina must decide whether to keep hiding, or admit her feelings for him.

Lynn Hubbard is a Historical Romance Author. She breathes life into her characters, and they come alive on the pages. So pick up a copy of Run into the Wind, take a trip back to the old west, and have a taste of Rabbit Stew.



My Character Sabrina, from Run into the Wind, is sharing her Rabbit Stew Recipe, Enjoy!

I’d rather clean out horse stables than to cook, but I was trying to seduce Brock so I thought I would try my hand at it. Cookin’ can’t be that hard can it?

First you need a rabbit. I laid some traps and hopefully caught the one tearing up my patch!

Next comes the icky part, you have to take the guts out and skin it. Wish I had spent more time watching Alma do it. Once you get the parts out, I like to rinse it off in the river. If you have a fancy water pump, you can use that as well. Cut it up into pieces, I don’t use the head or feet, I don’t it want it lookin’ at me while it’s cookin’.

Dump the pieces into a pot of boiling water. If you don’t know how to boil water you need to stop readin’.

I grabbed some parsnips, turnips, onions, and carrots from my garden. Pretty much, whatever the rabbit didn’t eat. You chop it up and toss it in. I put in a pinch of salt, and some flour to thicken the broth. Let it cook until the sun goes down.

 Not sure how it tastes yet, but it smells pretty good. Maybe cookin’ ain’t so bad after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment